SABCA
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Vertical streak on copies and scans

HP Officejet 6600
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I get a verticle streak (top to bottom) on every copy or scan (direct or wireless).  I have cleaned all glass and rollers as advised on HP video.

4 REPLIES 4
Level 8
2,456 2,421 160 315
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would like to help but need some information.Is the streak black or is there some text missing?I will look out for your reply and try and help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
0 Kudos
SABCA
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are two, vertical, black lines (narrow next to a little wider ine) in the middle of, and up and down, the whole page.  No text is missing.

0 Kudos
Level 8
2,456 2,421 160 315
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This sounds to me like there is some ink spillage on the paper feed rollers inside the machine.Open the access door as to replace ink and inspect the rollers.Clean with a soapy wet cloth and try again.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
0 Kudos
M_A_S_H
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan_0001.jpgThis only happens with a PDF and JPG scan and a COPY. It doesn't happen when I simply print a page from the web or WordPerfect.

Scan_0001.jpg

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation