Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Webscan on my Officejet Pro 8600 has been disabled. The error message that I get is the I should see the Administrator or the person that set up the netweok. I am the Administrator and I set up the network. My OS and the other computers here are all Windows 7.

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Do you know your printer's IP address?  If so, type it into a browser (you may need to prefix the IP address with http:// or https:// on IE).  You should be able to enable webscan from the browser.  Click on the webscan tab.

Mike

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Webscan feature indeed disabled by deffault.

In order to enable the feature go to the Settings tab within the EWS,

Click Administrator Settings.

Check the box next to Webscan to enable the feature and click Apply,

Now the Webscan should become active within teh Scan tab.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
I very much appreciate your quick reply,and I hate to show my ignorance but what is the "EWS"? Sorry to be such a problem
HP Recommended

I am sorry,

Per your description I assume you recieved it while trying to scan from the printer homepage, the Embedded Web Server.

If you are not within this page you may click the Network icon on the printer screen and the IP address will be listed. Type the IP into your web browser and the page will appear.

From there follow the steps to change the settings.

Please let me know of any progress,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended
Many thanks
HP Recommended

I enabled Webscan on the EWS. When I cnecked the Settings the Webscan box was checked. However, I still can't scan to my computer from my Officejet Pro 8600. Any other suggestions, please?

HP Recommended

There should be either a "scan" or "webscan" tab.  Click on that tab and from there you should be able to scan right from your browser.  You may get a scary screen from IE, but if so, click "proceed to website (not recommended)" to continue to the scan page.

Mike

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I have enabled Webscan. I have rechecked the settings on "scan to a network folder" and they seem to be OK. When I run the "test" on the network folder it checks out OK. However, I still cannot scan from the Officejet Pro 8600 to my computer.

HP Recommended

Hi chemguy57

i assume you referring to 'scan to computer' from printer controle panel, you may follow the steps below to enable 'scan to computer' from the PCs

Scan to a computer

To scan an original to a computer from the printer control panel

Note  If you are using a computer running Windows, from the computer desktop, click Start, select Programs or All Programs, select the folder for your HP printer, and then select the option for your HP printer. Double-click Scanner Actions, double-click Manage Scan to Computer, and then click Enable.

Use these steps to scan from the control panel.

1. Load your original print-side down on the right-front corner of the glass or print-side up in the ADF.

2. Touch Scan, and then select Computer.

3. Touch Document Type to select the type of document you want to save. Touch Resolution to change the scan resolution setting.

4. Make changes to scan options, if needed.

5. Touch Start Scan.

'Webscan ' and 'Scan to Network folder' are also scan solution provided by HP Officejet Pro 8600, however they are of different scan solution in nature and here's feature explanation in brief

1. 'Webscan' is a feature of the embedded web server that lets you scan photos and documents from your printer to your computer using a web browser. This feature is available even if you did not install the printer software on your computer.

2. 'Scan to Network Folder' a.k.a HP Direct Digital Filing - HP Direct Digital Filing provides robust, general-office scanning—as well as basic, versatile, document-management capabilities—for multiple users over a network. With HP Direct Digital Filing, you can simply walk up to the printer, touch a button on the printer’s control panel, and either scan documents directly to computer folders on your network or quickly share them with business partners as email attachments—and all without using additional scanning software.

if you intend to have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 scanning to multiple MS Windows 7 machines, i would sugges you to utilize the 'scan to network folder' features. 

I am employed by HP .....(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.