Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks. These instructions took care of the problem. Although I found that "Scan to Network Folder" worked and allowed me to scan to a folder on my computer, I did want to be able to scan to other computers on our network as well as to my computer.

I've given you a "Kudos".

HP Recommended
Thanks, Shlomil
HP Recommended

I have an iMac and I can't figure out how to enable scanning on the Officejet Pro 8600. I installed the printer. I've read the posts here, but I still don't know what to do. I'd appreciate some help.

HP Recommended

Hello Pinewood4,

I understand you are having problems enabling the scanning feature on your OfficeJet Pro 8600. How are you trying to scan? Are you using the HP Software on your iMac? Or are you walking up to the front panel of you printer and pressing the scan option?

I would like you to go ahead and take a look at this helpful video on How to Scan to a Mac from an HP All in One Printer.

Please let me know if you are getting any specific error messages and how you are trying to complete the scan. I look forward to hearing from you soon so we can begin troubleshooting.

I found this informative video on www.youtube.com.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I appreciate your help, but the HP embedded webserver tells me that scanning is disabled, and apparently it is. I tried scanning according to the directions on the front panel. Then I tried the way I do with my other HP, which is to go to to Print and Scan in System Preferences. It said there was no document loaded. Then I tried doing what the video said to do. I opened Image Capture. It also said there was no document loaded. There has to be some way to turn on whatever is turned off. I don't understand why HP would make it the default to have the scanner turned off.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Pinewood4,

Thank you for the updated information, we need to go ahead and enable the Webscan option in the administrator options of your Embedded Web Server (EWS).

I have found a great thread on the Forums showing How to Enable WebScan posted by Community Member pcwizard.

You should now be able to successfully do a Webscan from your EWS.

Thank you again for your patience.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

No "Accept as Solution" shows up. So I just gave Kudos. Thanks. That worked. I still think HP needs to put this in their general instructions for setting up the printer. I appreciate your help.

HP Recommended

Pinewood4,

I appreciate the update. For future reference I am going to go ahead and leave you the User Guide, listed on page 49 walks you through doing a WebScan.

Hope this helps!

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.