Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

1. HP Photosmart C 4580

2. Windows XP

3. There is a parsing error in file  C:\program files\HP\digital imaging\bin\hpqscloc\1033.xml   I get this error message when I double click on the desktop icon Hp Solutions center.

4. None, It just started doing it.

This happens when I double click on the icon HP solutions center. It will not let me bring up the scanner software to scan or save a photo or printed material.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is a link to a post that Travis_C solved in which your exact error was posted.  The steps are general, so if you need any clarification or extra help, let me know.  You can find out more about parsing errors here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Here is a link to a post that Travis_C solved in which your exact error was posted.  The steps are general, so if you need any clarification or extra help, let me know.  You can find out more about parsing errors here.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks Travis.......KUDOS to you......PATT

HP Recommended

I HAVE A PHOTOSMART PREMIUM ALL-IN-ONE C309A AND I AM HAVING TROUBLE SCANNING. THE MESSAGE THAT I GET IS

PARSING ERROR IN FILE C\PROGRAM FILES X86\HP\DIGITAL IMAGING\BIN\HPQSCLOC\1033.XML.  I CAN PRINT FINE BUT THIS IS THE ERROR THAT I RECEIVE WHEN I TRY TO OPEN THE SOLUTION CENTER. I ALREADY DELETED AND REINSTALLED THE FULL PROGRAM AND STILL GET THE ERROR. CAN YOU HELP.

HP Recommended

What is a parsing error and now to fix?

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

Did you look at Shane_Rs suggestion in Message 2 , looks like it has been working for others to resolve the parsing error.

If this does not resolve the issue please post back with your product number.

Thanks for joining the HP forums, Hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.