Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY e-ALL-in One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I do not want to print an A6 card.  No software changes.  Wireless internet connection.  I need to know how to

set printer to print 8-1/2 X11, 8-1/2 11, and Legal size.  I have no interest in A6 size.

Have used this printer fo a year or so and do not know how was changed.  HELP   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @frs1

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to change the paper settings while you print, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help you. However, request more information to be able to assist you better. 

May I know the exact model number of your printer? 

Do you get the message when you try to make a copy or print from your computer?

If you are getting a message when you try to print, please refer to the below articles for assistance in changing the print settings. 

HP Printers - Print Driver Settings Guide (Windows)

HP Printers - Printing Documents (Windows)

If you are getting the message when you try to make a copy, I would require the exact printer model number to be able to guide you in changing the paper settings while making a copy. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Envy 7640 e-All-in One Printer, SN# [Personal Information Removed].

I have no problem printing from 2 lap tops(windows 10) and a desk top(Vista) .  The problem is only when I attempt to copy.  There have been no software changes or additions. 

Web Access Test Results shows;  Firmware Revision  :  NSM2CN1628AR  (what'sthis?)

FRS1

HP Recommended

Hi @frs1,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

This issue could occur if the copy settings are changed.

Please follow the link: Fixing Copy Quality Issues

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.