Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Copier acts up occasionally & will only print 1/8 of page from flatbed, thens spits it out as though it is completed. Have unplugged power cord & replugged. Ran printhead & alignment scans. Turned off over night. All ink levels are good. Still has not corrected it.

Will print a full page from computer screen with no issue. Just problem printing from flatbed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Wendy-needshelp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your copy issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One with a Windows 7 computer and when you copy from the flatbed occasionally it will only copies and prints 1/8 of the page. I would like to help.

You mentioned the you have unplugged and replugged the power cord. That is something that would be done. If you can, I would perform the Power Reset and try plugging the printer directly into a wall socket if you are currently using a surge protector or extention cord. Sometimes surge protectors can limit the amout of power being supplied to the printer.

There was a firmware update released in April that may help your printer. You can download the firmware updater and run it from your computer to install it on the printer. You can go to the HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g_n Firmware download page by clicking here.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Wendy-needshelp,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your copy issue.

I understand that you are using an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One with a Windows 7 computer and when you copy from the flatbed occasionally it will only copies and prints 1/8 of the page. I would like to help.

You mentioned the you have unplugged and replugged the power cord. That is something that would be done. If you can, I would perform the Power Reset and try plugging the printer directly into a wall socket if you are currently using a surge protector or extention cord. Sometimes surge protectors can limit the amout of power being supplied to the printer.

There was a firmware update released in April that may help your printer. You can download the firmware updater and run it from your computer to install it on the printer. You can go to the HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g_n Firmware download page by clicking here.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you rb011. Ran firmware update after unplugging & replugging the power cord. The copier is now printing as it should. Thanks!

Wendy-needs help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.