Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an OfficeJet Pro 6978 just a few weeks ago, used it on my old 32bit HP PC. Downloaded HP Scan, which works very nicely and above all divides up multiple photos.

Transferred to a 64 bit HP and now I can only find HP Scan and Capture - which DOESN'T split up multiple photos (so far as I can see).

Seriously? The newer version has LESS functionality?

Any suggestions here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This WAS the solution. Just a bit more complicated than simply running HP Scan, so I got a little confused.
=============================================================
(Initial response)
Ah, would that it were so simple.

When I install the full software, I don't explicitly see HP Scan initially at all.

If I choose HP, then the name of the printer, I get a dashboard where scanning is one option. And it does indeed bring up the HP Scan software. But without the splitting option.

If I choose the HP Twain Administration, I do get the HP Scan with the Detect Photos option. Only the moment I click Scan, the software dies.

Do I need to do anything special to get HP Scan to show as a separate option?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :
https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

Once you have downloaded and installed the FULL feature software, you will be able to print and scan.

This resource wil be useful:

Scan multiple photos with Auto Crop (HP Scan Extended)

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I'm not sure you read my post closely.

You sent me to a video for HP Scan. But my whole problem is... I can't GET that now that I've moved to a new machine. And the newer software does not divide pictures up while scanning several.

HP Recommended

Hi @chezjim 

THe HP Scan is in te FULL feature software.

Install that and it will have what the video shows.

Thanks

HP Recommended

This WAS the solution. Just a bit more complicated than simply running HP Scan, so I got a little confused.
=============================================================
(Initial response)
Ah, would that it were so simple.

When I install the full software, I don't explicitly see HP Scan initially at all.

If I choose HP, then the name of the printer, I get a dashboard where scanning is one option. And it does indeed bring up the HP Scan software. But without the splitting option.

If I choose the HP Twain Administration, I do get the HP Scan with the Detect Photos option. Only the moment I click Scan, the software dies.

Do I need to do anything special to get HP Scan to show as a separate option?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Check out this resource:

Create a scan shortcut and high resolution scans  (HP Officejet Pro 8700 AiO series and 6900 series)

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

OK. My bad.
When I looked at the HP Scan under the Twain option, it showed Detect Photo by default. So I expected that when I went to the other version (from the dashboard) and then went looking for it in the wrong place (photo options) when I didn't see it by default. When I went back to the page size, I found it. And it works.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.