Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
envy 7850
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope someone here can help me.  I hung on the phone this afternoon for over an hour and never got thru to HP.  I am about fed up with the lack of support at HP.  I need the pin number on my new printer and don't have a clue where to find it

I am hooked up with my desk top computer after I installed the printer software.  I need to hook up my laptop to the printer and need the pin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

How exactly are you trying to connect your printer?   Need full details.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

How exactly are you trying to connect your printer?   Need full details.

HP Recommended

Thx for your help.  I finally got the printer set up and working.  Still don't know where the PIN can be found.  I have a new Envy 7858 Photo Printer.  I must admit....I have a room full of HP products but am getting thoroughly disgusted in trying to contact someone at HP for help.  My problem now is thisl  I have a laptop that I want to tie to my printer.  with the desktop I installed the driver and didn't need the stupid pin #  I will try that with the laptop.  I apologize for my disgust just now but it is disappointing to purchase a product and not be able to get help.  I also want to look into a Care Pack but have to give them the seriel # and I don't know where that is;  Oh. well.  Thx again

HP Recommended

Assuming you are connecting to your router, you don't need any PIN.  Just run the Wireless Setup Wizard from the front panel to connect to your routers SSID with password.  Now install the HP software.

HP Recommended

Hi...thanks for the help.  Honestly I am getting nowhere with the project.  I have found that Microsoft can help me with finding the SEP # (or something like that.  I have an contract with Microsoft Assure which I have found to be very helpful with resolving some problems in the past.  Actually I found some instructions from M.A. to find what I need but when i got to the very end of looking up something I could go no further  I run Windows 10 and on a desktop and a laptop and there are differences in some of the things.  Chalk one up for Microsoft.  But, thx, anyway

HP Recommended

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.  I always have followed your above instructions.  It really does pay off and I hope to be in contact with Microsoft over the weekend and get the problem resolved.   Thx again for responding.

HP Recommended

I read where is the pin number and do not see where the pin number is.  Please, tell me where the pin number is.  My computer is locked out without it because I messed up entering my password.

HP Recommended

I AM TRYING TO INSTALL A BLUETOOTH HP OJ 100 PRINTER.  IT IS ASKING FOR A PIN NUMBER  WHERRE DO I FIND THAT?

HP Recommended

@MRDENNIS

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

To which device do you want your Printer to be connected to? How are you trying to connect the Printer?

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

pin required to install printer on desktop s/w

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.