Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where oh where have my .pdf scans gone

HP ENVY Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just hooked up the HP ENVY 7855. When I scan an image it's saved as a jpeg to My Documents and named Scan_0001. (I can find the scan) However when i scan a document as a .pdf I get the error message "The HP Scan Application was unable to save the file to the specific location".

Photo shows options of where I can save scan to. I should be able to save a scanned document via the first option through my USB connection from 7855 to my desktop ANTNONY-HP (USB) . Or wirerlessly,  second option, ANTHONY-HP.

Third option, Scan To Anthony-HP. This option automatically scans the document as a .jpeg and is saved to My Documents folder on my desktop. It also saves it in a folder I didn't create called Scanned Documents

.20190618_071817.jpg

After scanning as a PDF i get this message. But can find the new pdf. scan nowhere on my computer. And what would I be looking for as more information on "My Computer"

20190618_072616.jpg

Then almost immediately I get this message. Any ideas?

20190618_072631.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
1738 1732 137 151
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Where oh where have my .pdf scans gone

@27579868

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• Open HP Printer Assistant, or click on the printer icon on the desktop screen or search windows for HP Envy 7855.
  • Select Scan > Scan a document or Photo > Click on More at the right top corner of this window
  • Select Destination > File type will be PDF, File Name can be as per your requirement.
  • Under Save to Folder, click on Browse and select or create a folder where you want the scanned PDF files to be saved.
  • Click on Scan for the settings to be saved.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation