Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why won't my HP Officejet 5252 scan????

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 5252
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Just bought this new HP Officejet "ALL IN ONE" except it's sure not "all in one" for me -- I can't get it to scan -- when I go to 123.hp.com, it doesn't give me the "scan" option.  In fact it says, "something about "this printer will not scan" or something like that but that can be right, there is a scan option on the front of the printer.  I'm hooked to wifi, I just printed something and I've used the fax machine on it already -- so why doesn't it scan?!?!?   

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,982 12,959 1,016 982
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ellis1952, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you have issues with scanning, let us try to isolate and resolve the issue-

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor and run the program. It will automatically diagnose and fix any printer connectivity issues. 

For more information, go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/printscandoctor

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

I’d also suggest using the HP Scan and Capture to scan from your PC. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?activetab=pivot:overviewtab to download and install the HP Scan and Capture app on your PC.

HP Scan and Capture is a simple and fun application that captures photos or documents from any HP scanning device or your computer's built-in camera.  These images can be previewed, edited, saved, and shared with other applications. Here are the detailed instructions on how to use the app: http://hp.care/2nZfg1K

For further assistance, let me know if there is an error message when you try to scan.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation