Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Scanjet 4670
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Has anyone found a driver that will allow you to run an HP scanjet 4670 in Windows 10?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

My HP 4670 is absolutely ideal for digitizing rare books.   No other scanner facilitates digitizing like this, without unavoidable  brutal handling using a conventional flat bed scanner.     Very disappointing this unit is no longer supported.   There is no other scanner out there that can do what it is best at, in this case.

Can't even get my 4670 to work under Windows 10 compatibility mode to Win XP.   Very frustrating.

Terry

(in Canada)

HP Recommended

Install the Windows Vista driver. It works on Windows 10.

HP Recommended

The Windows Vista will NOT work by itself.    It needs to be executed/installed via the "compatibility" process.   Windows XP driver will also work via the same process.     I have my HP 4670 working under Windows 10 Home 64 bit by installing the Vista drivers via the "compatibility" process.

For those among us not familiar with the "compatibility" process -  within Windows file manager, do a right click on the driver executible (not the ZIP file), then click on "Toubleshoot compatibility", then follow the prompts.   It basically fools the driver to think its working in a Vista computer.    Worked for me.

Regards,

Terry

HP Recommended

For me the installation was simpler. My computer has Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

I downloaded the Vista 64-bit basic driver ver 1.1 (05 Mar 2007) from HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads and just run the installer.

After installing, I connected the scanner to the USB port and it appeared as "hp scanjet". It was not necessary to set the compatibility mode. 

For scanning I use "Windows Fax and Scan" or "HP Scan and Capture". This elegant old piece of hardware is back to life.

Regards,

Henrique

HP Recommended

My 4670 also worked properly with Windows 10 PRO 64 bit, until today.

Unfortunately, after upgrading to version 1607, the scanner has stopped working again.

The scanner is recognized in the device manager (with the note "Device USB \ ... requires further installation"), but when trying to scan it reports "Error usb connecting".

Has anyone found a solution?

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue. 
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@GayeLee wrote:

Has anyone found a driver that will allow you to run an HP scanjet 4670 in Windows 10?

HP Recommended

Hello,
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage

To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A

2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit

3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.