11-13-2019 01:22 PM
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything's great except my HP photosmart C4480 "got lost" somehow. Windows can't find it and can't interact with it. I have tried installing software/drivers but I'm getting a "failed installation" message. I even changed my Startup as instructed by HP, but the printer is still not recognized by Windows 10. I don't know what to do next. I have restarted the computer multiple times and unplugged-plugged in the printer multiple times.
11-16-2019 12:13 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install printer driver
Click here to download the driver.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee