11-16-2019 03:55 PM
I do have microsoft windows not sure what version I think 10. HP 8710 Print and scan have been working fine until today, Wi Fi blue symbol is on and should be working, but it isn't.
Have tried turning router off, unplugging printer, turning off laptop, but nothing works.
11-19-2019 01:11 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity
Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.
If your printer in not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.
If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.
If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.
If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.
Try to print.
Assign manual IP address and that should fix the issue.
1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the Dashboard, touch ( Setup ).
2. Touch Reports .
3. Select a network configuration report.
Setting a Static IP Address
Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:
- Run your Web browser.
- In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
- Click the Networking tab.
- Under Connections, click Wireless.
- Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
- Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Apply.
You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee