Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

very thanks for this useful video!

@ CM Color Printing - Professional Book Printing Services Provider from China!
http://www.cmcolorprinting.com/
HP Recommended

Tried for hours to get the icons/scanner to work with my HP deskjet 1050 drove me mad!!!.downloaded updated to 8.1 from 8.0 and it now works fine.

I still dont like windows 8 ..........I have never had an issue with new OS...but this is just sluggish.8.1 improves it a little but they have done this by reverting back which proves a point

HP Recommended

prabaa,

I get as far as settings, I log in and nothing happens?

I have a mac with OS10.9

T

HP Recommended

I've followed the instructions to try to get scanning to work on my Deskjet 3055A. But I hit a problem when I click on the Administrator Settings link. Just get a message "Internal System Error" and cannot progress from here. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

HP Recommended

This does not work for me.  I get the screen with all the information relating to the printer, but when I click on either the "WebScan" icon, or the "Scan" button, I get a message that reads "You cannot use this feature because it has been disabled.  For more information contact your network administrator, or the person who set up the printer.  I am the network administrator & the person who set up the printer.  It is for my home.  I did not purposely disable this feature.  I don't know why the scan feature is disabled.  Can you help me scan? 

HP Recommended

I tried the scan by going to the web for the scanning but cannot access the security to set to allow me in. What can I do?

HP Recommended

I can get the document to scan and can even attach it to an email, but the email will not send.  Has anyone else had this issue?

HP Recommended

Hi

You may try the following options:

1. Looks like the connection is not proper, then get "HP Print and Scan Doctor" from the link below and run to trouble shoot:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=sj-129931-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

2. Alternate option to do Scanning:

a. Scan to Memory device, you can use your sd card or thumdrive to perform scanning.

b. Scan using EWS, go to Embedded Web Services i.e. key in your ip address on the browser and you can enter EWS or You can find it via. -> Device and Printers -> Click on your printer -> Click Printer Home Page (EWS)

- Select Scan -> Web Scan

3. Re-install the printer using your inbox SW or download the latest SW from www.hp.com after deleting / uninstalling your current driver.

Click on the "Thumbs up" button on the left to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
HP Recommended

Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

I tried this way on my Envy 5530, on macintosh Macbook Pro and onWindows 7. It worked until I wanted to save the image to computer. On Macbook the instructions is " right click to save" - but there is no right button on Mac. So what do? On windows the file is not send and the save just fails. So what to do?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.