Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I cleaned the small rectangular glass window with a lint-free cloth - no improvement.

I took a previously printed sheet with the black vertical line and placed it over the rectangular glass and saw a microscopic particle on the glass.

I cleaned that glass area with alcohol and the line is now gone!!!

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED FOR ME: At HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer - E709a support:  Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans. View "Video of resolving scan or copy print quality issues". This video solved my problem.  Cleaning the  glass strip under the ADP, I believe, was the biggest help.

HP Recommended

how to get rid of vertical black line when i fac, scan, etc 

Thank you

HP Recommended

I was ready to throw my printer out and buy a new one because I could never get the line running down the center of my paper to go away when I scanned.  As a last resort I did a search and came across this post.  I cleaned the ADF glass and the scanner now works like day one.  I saved a couple hundred dollars.

HP Recommended

Do you have a video showing how to do this?  I can't follow the part where it says 'pry open lower bracket on front left to release bb size horizontal plastic post...'  We can't get rid of this line - please help!!!

HP Recommended

Once I understood which glass to clean, I found the mark and cleaned it off.  Now, scans are perfect - no black vertical line.  Thanks

HP Recommended

I have cleaned that rectangle piece to no avail. Then I realized, on my printer, there is a plastic piece that goes over the glass rectangle.  I carefully took that off, cleaned it, put it back and presto!  no more lines

HP Recommended

Same solution works perfectly for HP 7520.

HP Recommended

@007OHMSS wrote:

You may have tried all of this, but take a look at this document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01658811

Cleaning the glass strip the automatic document feeder (ADF) uses worked for me too.

Thank you so much @007OHMSS.

HP Recommended

Wow, worked for me too! Such an easy remedy too. THANK YOU!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.