Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@Traiaberg

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check the printer driver.

Download a special version of HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

4. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

5. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

6. Try to scan.

If the issue persists, I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

Remove the USB if connected

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/54... to download and install the HP Full Feature Software and Drivers.

Try to Scan.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I know I did the first step you mentioned and possibly the second. I will try that second step following the step by step directions you listed and see if that helps. The print Scan Doctor got hung up at some point and never finished.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@Traiaberg

Keep me posted!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Sorry but none of these options worked. I just removed everything HP related and reinstalled it from the link you sent. I still can not scan it says from the Printer no computer found (this I had happen before) From the Settings and Devices it shows the HP printer but under the Printer name it says Driver Unavailable.  Now I cant print when I go to do so the panel that comes up say print to file no printer is shown yet it is in the Device list. Not sure what I may have done but I went bad to worse now..... 😞

HP Recommended

@Traiaberg

That's unfortunate. Let us try to scan from the EWS page of the printer to check if that works.

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to scan and try scanning.

Alternatively, use HP Smart app to scan

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So far this is working by using the HP Smart App going in through the IP address did not. I heard the printer make some noises but it never scanned. I closed that installed the Smart App and was able to scan from there.  This my work for awhile for some strange reason when I get it to work I think I'm good to go from now now. Days later I go to scan and it dose not scan. I will be optimistic and keep my fingers crossed this will Take And Always work. I scan a lot instead of printing, if this continues I will just replace the printer with a newer better one. This whole thing has taken me months to figure out what is wrong with it.  It may be coincidental that the month after I got a new desk top computer with the newest Windows 10 I have nothing but printer issues. My antique computer with old operating system worked much smoother for printing and scanning. I would be nice to just add my document to the printer and hit scan like I used to. I do want to thank you for these suggestions I'm excited at least the last thing did the trick. Thumbs Up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.