Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just installed the unit a hp officejet 3830 - trying to get the scanner to pull from the feeder (multiple pages) instead of scanning from the glass

do not see any instructions regarding this in the manual

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cindy28

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an  HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer and would like to know how to scan using the ADF (automatic document feeder). I'll surely assist you with this. 

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to scan using the ADF. (Source: http://hp.care/2ri8J70

• ADF: Place the item into the document feeder tray. The print side faces up and the top edge goes into the tray first. Adjust the paper-width guides to fit the item.
  • NOTE: Do not load photos in the ADF. Use the scanner glass instead to prevent damage to photos.

Figure : Place item print side facing up

Image: Place item print side facing up

How to Scan from the Computer (Mac)

How to Scan from the Computer (Windows)

I hope this information helps. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.