Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet Pro 576
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a problem receiving faxes. I can receive a fax back from HP but cannot receive incoming faxes from anyone. have run all tests etc everything checks out ok.  hae uninstalled drivers and reinstalled and still have the same problem

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

try setting ECM to off

Change error correction and fax speed
Set the fax-error-correction mode
Usually, the product monitors the signals on the telephone line while it is sending or receiving a fax. If the product detects an error during the transmission and the error-correction setting is On, the product can request that the portion of the fax be resent. The factory-set default for error correction is On. You should turn off error correction only if you are having trouble sending or receiving a fax, and you are willing to accept the errors in the transmission. Turning off the setting might be useful when you are trying to send a fax overseas or receive one from overseas, or if you are using a satellite telephone connection. 1. From the Home screen, touch the Setup  button.
2. Touch the Fax Setup menu. 3. Touch the Advanced Fax Setup menu. 4. Touch the Error Correction Mode button, and then touch the Off button.

Also, did you use the phone cord that came with the printer? usually those are a 2 pin fax cord. You can look at the phone cord connector and you should see 2 or 4 little gold pins. If you have a 2 pin cord, try a 4 pin (normal phone cord) instead. Is there an ADSL splitter or is the phone cord routed through a surge protector? or vice versa 

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.