Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP and I'm getting the error 30.01.08 - Scanner Failure

It tells me to make sure the scanner lock is in the unlocked position and cycle power.  I did that and the error still appears.  I've tried putting it back into lock and unlock with a power cycle in between each change with no resolution.  I saw some forums suggesting a firmware update for this issue on other devices, so I tried that too and cycled power after the update, yet nothing changed.  I also tried to unplug the scanner, but that gives me a different error and doesn't allow me to use the printer.

Users are still able to print, but I have to cycle power in between each print job.  After the first print job, the printer reads offline from the client computer.

Is there anything else I can try, or does it need to be returned?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

this error code has to do witht the connector cable from the unit to the scanner at the top, from the way it was burned around the plastic unit to go inside the printer after a while it can cause a break and a little communication loss between the computer and the scanning unit, go ahead take of the top unit, u can easily lift it up, and remove the glass on the top, loosen the plastic peice holding the cable for a while and put it back in place and power yr unit on and make sure its fixed before..... this should work, if u wanna change that cable too u can cos after some time u can have the problem again.. this should fix the problem

HP Recommended
I have a Color LaserJet CM3530 MFP and I'm getting the error 30.01.08 - Scanner Failure
It tells me to make sure the scanner lock is in the unlocked position and cycle power. I did that and the error still appears. I've tried putting it back into lock and unlock with a power cycle in between each change with no resolution. I saw some forums suggesting a firmware update for this issue on other devices, so I tried that too and cycled power after the update, yet nothing changed. I also tried to unplug the scanner, but that gives me a different error and doesn't allow me to use the printer.
Users are still able to print, but I have to cycle power in between each print job. After the first print job, the printer reads offline from the client computer.
Is there anything else I can try, or does it need to be returned?
HP Recommended

Same error. Resolution with restart and 2 minutes cordless power out.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.