Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 5590 ScanJet (L1910C)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Om my new ProDesk HP 400 G3 I have got  this  error message during ScanJet HP5590 software installation - " this computer does not have the necessary usb software support"  - drivers are installed  properly i. e. I can scan via third patry software  -  for instance - FastStone, but  I cannot use scan buttins anyway. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi,
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

You my friend, are a Gahd! This worked with my Photosmart C310

HP Recommended

A great help, many thanks. Has had a few IT people baffled

HP Recommended

HELP!!!!!

I have the same problem with my Photosmart Prem 410c - but it will not let me change the file name on any of the software.

HP Recommended

How ingenious.

Similar problem - new dell desk top with hp photosmart C5550. Your solution worked beautifully.

HP Recommended

Schlomil solution of 08/2016 worked great. Do I change the usbready.old.exe filename back to its original name or leave it?

HP Recommended

This is a great help. Very frustrated trying to install an HP Photosmart D110. Thank you for the post.

HP Recommended

Hi, I had the same problem as described above. I´ve changed the name of the file and installation was almost successful, but at the end, for some reason, the system does not recognise, that the device is connected to the computer through the USB cable. Can u help me with this problem? I have Photosmart Bf 109 and Windows 7.

(It worked perfectly with the previous version of the windows). 

HP Recommended

Shlomi - you are BRILLIANT! I struggled mightily with this for days and your post finally did the trick! Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.