2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

copying leaves streaks

HP Office Jet 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Copying leaves streaks, but direct printing and or print test is fine.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,342 2,342 107 187
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

copying leaves streaks

@Longleafbob Welcome to HP Community!

I understand you are getting leaves streaks while performing the photocopy.

I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with this, but I will certainly do my best to assist you in resolving this issue.

I would recommend following this Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans document as it should be able to help you clear that line. The most common cause is a small speck of something on the scanner glass, so just make sure when you're cleaning you use as much elbow grease as you can muster 

Just to clarify a little further as well, if the issue only seems to happen when using the Automatic Document Feeder, you'll want to focus your attention on the small strip of glass it uses on the far left side. If it's only happening when you use the flatbed glass, you will want to focus your attention on the large piece of glass it uses.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Longleafbob
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

copying leaves streaks

HP office Jet 8600.

thank you for the cleaning suggestions Praveen196. I had done all of those cleaning suggestions first, with no success. Also tried Cleaning the print heads in Settings but this too did not work. Remember test prints and direct prints from the computer both printed correctly with no streaks. 

I solved the problem finally  by turning off the printer and turning it back on! it cleared the streaking problem.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,342 2,342 107 187
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

copying leaves streaks

@Longleafbob 

Thank you for the update.

In the future, If you have any concerns. Please get back to us. We will assist you.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation