Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2540 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when I scan a document and try to use the send to email function I get an error message saying ''Scan to Email Application not found ''.
I use Outlook email and tried to follow the instructions for changing regedit.exe but couldn't work out what to do (it was in the hidden files, was it supposed to be there ?)

Does anyone have an easy (ie idiot proof) way to connect my email to my all in one please ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

For scanning to email an Email client software must be installed and configured on your PC, a such do not work with any web based service such as outlook.com, gmail.com, etc. (any mail accessed through a web browser)

To scan directly to email from teh HP program you must install a mail client software on your PC, Thunderird as example os a free mail client software by mozilla which can be set to access any email account such as live.com.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please locate any PDF file on your PC, right click it and select Send To > Mail Recipient.

Does it open a New Message dialog with the PDF attached or may nothing happens?

Please let me know the results, to get a better understanding If the problem relies with HP software or may with MS Outlook itself.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi,
No it won't do it from a saved pdf file either, never realised that but in my defaul settings it doesn't even list outlook or hotmail or anything - just says mail.
Thanks for replying but I guess it's back to research to try and find a way of making outlook my default.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Click the the Start button, then press the gear button to access Settings.

Press Apps > Default Apps and ensure Outlook is selected under Email.

Next open the Control Panel and go to Programs > Defaults Programs > Set your default programs

Select Outlook and ensure it has all its defaults, then check again.

Now check for any difference.

If the same remains the issue relies with MS Outlook itself, from the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.
Search ans locate Microsoft Office.
Click Uninstall (or Repair if shown), then select Repair from the shown screen and follow the steps on screen, from my experience that should resolve the problem.

If that doesn't help I suggest checking with Microsoft for any furhter steps to get a such resolved.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

As I said, Outlook is not showing as an option in the default choices.
I don't have MS office installed.
So I can't do either of these suggestions.
Thanks for trying though.

HP Recommended

UOh, misunderstood your intention and thought you do have Outlook installed...

You may also install and configure other 3rd party email client such as Thunderbird which is free, then such functionality should become available.

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

I DO have outlook but not office. I have Outlook.Live .com - I don't know thunderbird, what is it ?

HP Recommended

For scanning to email an Email client software must be installed and configured on your PC, a such do not work with any web based service such as outlook.com, gmail.com, etc. (any mail accessed through a web browser)

To scan directly to email from teh HP program you must install a mail client software on your PC, Thunderird as example os a free mail client software by mozilla which can be set to access any email account such as live.com.

Hope that helps,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

you solved it, thank you so much !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.