Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
dell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Officejet Pro 8028 windows operating system. I want to scan a document and send to computer email application (outlook) so that i can send the email. Not to be confused with scan to email whereas the printer emails the document. When I select scan, Computer, main-pc, email as PDF, and click send.... I expect the printer to scan the document, (which it does) then send it to my computer, the program should open up my email application (outlook in this case) attach the pdf to a new email, then all that i should have to do is input the email address of where it is going to, type in a subject and body if i want to, and click send. The options are there but nothing happens when i click on send. I spoke to hp support and no one seems to know. i was transferred from the windows support team to the cloud support team (scan to email support) several times. At least 6 times today and then was finally told that my 8028 was not designed to do that function. If not, then why is the option available?

Can someone out there help me? or am i crazy?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please focus on your computer program first and open the HP Officejet Pro 8020 software, select Scan and press on Scan a Document or photo.

Select Email as PDF and press Send, what are the exact results? what behavior or error occurs?

Open File Explorer and locate any file on your computer, such as any PDF under My Documents, right-click the File and select Send To > Email. does it successfully launches Outlook with your PDF attached? or returns any other behavior?

Please let me know the results, the following tasks provide the same action as the HP Scan software takes, can the operating system itself successfully compose a mail with the attached file this way?

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.