Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

emailing a scanned document

HP photosmart 7520
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hi.  I scan a document and save it on my Mac.  I send it as an attachement in an email.  When the email is openned the document looks fine.  When the receiver goes to print it, the size is very small.  In order to print they have to make it larger but then it is blurry.  This is a new issue.   I have had the printer for a couple of years.  I tried shutting down the printer from the power source.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Provost Provost
Provost
23,637 22,047 1,895 6,988
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

emailing a scanned document

@JOAN44

I don't speak "Mac" and I have not seen a Photosmart 7520 for a while... I can offer the following:

It sounds like you need to scan the document into your computer at a higher resolution and / or check the scan page / area size.

At least for Windows, the best resolution (DPI) settings are available using print software (and not scanning from the printer front panel).  Assuming that is the case for Mac OS, open your print software > select to scan > check the various sub-menus to find the DPI setup and adjust if possible / necessary. 

Check to make sure the scan is using the "entire scan area" or a standard size sheet (like Letter or A4). 

Depending on the print software, you might be able to save these scan settings as a "Preset".

How to Scan (Mac)

If the printer is on the network, consider using the Embedded Web Server (EWS) > Webscan feature.

Using the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Reference and Resources

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation