Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Scanjet 4600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know the possible causes of this problem. I have Hp Scanjet 4600 with TMA (slide module). Usually I connect it to a PC. The scanner started to create white images after scanning instead of the images with real  film content when using Vuescan software. Sometimes it does not scan. Sometimes it can scan normally during an hour. Then the problem repeats. I tested it on other operative system and soft. The results were the same.  I switched the scanner to an old notebook, This device was without a monitor. So it was connected to the  PC monitor with Vga cable. No use. Nothing changed.I suspect, the matter is in scratch on the TMA glass. Please write me about the other most probable reasons of the issue, The scanner gives acceptable results for text and photos with light stripes. which are not essential.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.