Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 5540
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to enlarge a pattern by 150% and all I get is one page with a small part of the pattern.  How do I get all the pages to then piece together to make one enlarged pattern?  Tried using touchscreen on the printer and only got one page.  Tried scanning but again no HP scanning ability to enlarge by a percentage in the scanning software.  Still only get one page, one piece of the total pattern.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pjkowalski

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you want to enlarge a document,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted using the Windows paint or any 3rd party application such as Adobe Photoshop to accomplish this?

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

Step 1. Open Microsoft Paint

First of all, open Paint. There are many ways to do it (however, HP doesn't support as it's out of our scope of support as it's based on custom prints, however, I will do the courtesy of helping you with this procedure).

Use the search feature and type the word “paint".

The Paint window will be opened on your Desktop.

print, large, image, multiple, pages, Windows, Paint

Step 2. Open the image that you want to print

Load the file with the image that you want to be printed.

To do that, click or tap the File tab on the ribbon. Then, click o r tap Open.

Browse your Windows computer or device and select the image that you want to print. When selected, click or tap Open.

Now you should see your picture loaded in Paint.

Step 3. Set Paint to print your large image on multiple pages

Now you’ve got your image opened in Paint. It’s time to tell Paint that you want the image to be printed on multiple pages. In order to do that, click or tap on the File tab on the ribbon and then Print. In the Print menu, click or tap Page Setup.

The Page Setup dialog window is opened.

This is the place where the magic happens. Along with other printing options like the paper Size, Orientation or Margins, you will also find a section called Scaling.

To print your large image on multiple pages, all you’ll have to do is tell Paint that you want to scale your image to Fit to: as many pages you want. For instance, if you’d like your image to be printed on four pages in a rectangle, you should use the “ Fit to” field to enter the values 2 by 2 pages.

Depending on how large you want your image to be when printed and how long or wide it is, you can enter the values that you need.

Once you’ve decided exactly on how many pages you want the image to be printed, click or tap OK to save your settings.

Your settings are saved.

Step 4. Print your image on multiple pages, with Paint

Paint knows that you want it to print the image on multiple pages. All that remains is to start the printing process. Click/tap the File tab on the ribbon and then Print. You can also press CTRL + Pon your keyboard.

If you have more than one printer installed, select the printer that you want to use. Then, click or tap the Print button.

Your printer will immediately start printing the image on multiple pages.

Here’s what we printed on multiple pages

To showcase the steps involved, we used this image and printed it on 15 pages:

Here’s the end result we obtained:

Conclusion

As you can see, printing large images on multiple pages is a simple thing to do in Windows, using the most basic of tools: Microsoft Paint. You don’t have to do fancy stuff like learning how to work with Adobe Photoshop or other complex image editing apps. Before you close this guide, share with us whether this tutorial worked well for you and whether you know other simple ways to print large images on multiple pages, in Windows.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pjkowalski

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you want to enlarge a document,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Have you attempted using the Windows paint or any 3rd party application such as Adobe Photoshop to accomplish this?

If you haven't, here's what you need to know:

Step 1. Open Microsoft Paint

First of all, open Paint. There are many ways to do it (however, HP doesn't support as it's out of our scope of support as it's based on custom prints, however, I will do the courtesy of helping you with this procedure).

Use the search feature and type the word “paint".

The Paint window will be opened on your Desktop.

Step 2. Open the image that you want to print

Load the file with the image that you want to be printed.

To do that, click or tap the File tab on the ribbon. Then, click o r tap Open.

Browse your Windows computer or device and select the image that you want to print. When selected, click or tap Open.

Now you should see your picture loaded in Paint.

Step 3. Set Paint to print your large image on multiple pages

Now you’ve got your image opened in Paint. It’s time to tell Paint that you want the image to be printed on multiple pages. In order to do that, click or tap on the File tab on the ribbon and then Print. In the Print menu, click or tap Page Setup.

The Page Setup dialog window is opened.

This is the place where the magic happens. Along with other printing options like the paper Size, Orientation or Margins, you will also find a section called Scaling.

To print your large image on multiple pages, all you’ll have to do is tell Paint that you want to scale your image to Fit to: as many pages you want. For instance, if you’d like your image to be printed on four pages in a rectangle, you should use the “ Fit to” field to enter the values 2 by 2 pages.

Depending on how large you want your image to be when printed and how long or wide it is, you can enter the values that you need.

Once you’ve decided exactly on how many pages you want the image to be printed, click or tap OK to save your settings.

Your settings are saved.

Step 4. Print your image on multiple pages, with Paint

Paint knows that you want it to print the image on multiple pages. All that remains is to start the printing process. Click/tap the File tab on the ribbon and then Print. You can also press CTRL + Pon your keyboard.

If you have more than one printer installed, select the printer that you want to use. Then, click or tap the Print button.

Your printer will immediately start printing the image on multiple pages.

Here’s what we printed on multiple pages

To showcase the steps involved, we used this image and printed it on 15 pages:

Here’s the end result we obtained:

Conclusion

As you can see, printing large images on multiple pages is a simple thing to do in Windows, using the most basic of tools: Microsoft Paint. You don’t have to do fancy stuff like learning how to work with Adobe Photoshop or other complex image editing apps. Before you close this guide, share with us whether this tutorial worked well for you and whether you know other simple ways to print large images on multiple pages, in Windows.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the assistance. I had gone into Paint but went in the wrong direction!  With your clear instructions I was able to do it right!  Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.