cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 0 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

front panel scan fails

HP Recommended
Officejet 6700 Premium
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

All of a sudden scanning that is initiated from the front panel of the picture is not working correctly.  It scans and sends the file to my computer, but only about 1/2 of the photo is scanned.  I have tried various photos and different positions on the glass to no avail.  Starting the scan from the HP software on my computer works just fine.

Any cure would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,394 2,297
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @glb777glb,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues scanning from the front panel however, scanning from HP Software on the computer works fine. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

Have you tried to update the firmware?

Did you make any changes on the printer before the issue started?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

If your printer connected wirelessly, make sure to temporary connect the device with USB and then follow the link to install the latest firmware update for your printer using this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ6700_R1545A.exe

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13 ). Restart the PC

14 ). Now click on this link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL41871/mp-109007-3/OJ6700_1315-1.exe and install the updated printer drivers

15 ). Connect the USB cable only when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful,

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation