Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

No, there is no need for a PM.   I can't be the only one with this issue.  Last 

night, an HP rep asked me to call my wifi provider and make these changes to my router and call back.   

Channel 11

Mode B/G

Mac Filtering:  Off

I'm working on Hour #2 and no connection can be made to the internet.  The HP rep actually made me go to this page so I would know what the X and the wifi symbol looked like because apparently he thinks I'm too stupid to know what they look like and push them down for 3 seconds.   I ask if the last dude  bothered to annotate the above changes to my router.  That would be a no.  And this is  my next issue.  if I spend a few hours talking to one person, why can't they at least write a note for the next person to know?

Okay, so I was able to print off my page and it only took a little over 9 hours this week.  The guy had the audacity to ask me if I considered this case 'closed'.  I've never been asked that before but no, I do not.   If he had been listening to me to begin with (or had bothered to read notes from his predecessors if they had written them), he would have discovered that this has been going on for MONTHS.  Why would I consider it closed if I'm going to call next week for another page to be printed?  Or maybe a few weeks.  I don't know ... It takes everything I have got to call HP.  

2020-07-15 (6).png

HP Recommended

@bacardistuff,

I recommend you contact support and they will be able to take remote of your computer and fix this issue.

Or else you can help me with the requested information and I will escalate your case to the concerned team.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

another fun day with HP.  This time around, my case was closed against my wishes last week and a whole new one created.  Some lady tells me that the case number is only good for 24 hours so I guess I should consider myself lucky that the other case number I had lasted me a few months.  I thought I had a good suggestion with HP employees typing in what they did with said computer but that was ignored or maybe it wasn't a good idea.  For example, one HP rep gave me specific numbers to give my wifi supplier last week.  So I did.  Today, I'm asked what numbers THAT HP rep gave me.  it's almost like HP is double checking me.   Today, i was told that it would only take 10 minutes to get me 'up and printing.'  I said I suspected more like an hour and we laughed.  One hour, 6 minutes later. 

Cyrus sent me a email about closing the case last week and I told him the same thing I told the dude I was working with...  why does the case have to be closed if the issue isn't solved?   Do they get bonus money if a case is closed?  
That would make sense.  Certainly, it makes no sense to have a client repeat themselves every week. Unless it's like with an insurance company... you know how they always say no two or three times before they finally say yes to a claim?   HP could be the same way..  Maybe they think one of these weeks, I will just stop calling.  Fast chance.   HP will not wear me down.  If they want to pay people every week to instruct me to unplug my printer and view my screen, have at it.  

HP Recommended

I have a HP OfficeJet 5255, brand new, but out of warranty so I can't contact support without paying $50. My problem is that my printer network config page says it is connected to the internet, I have google print set up, I've printed from my phone/tablet many times. However: I have not been able to print from my MacBook at all, despite having the software/utility installed & all too often I have to restart my printer or remove the network and re-add it in order for it to show up for Airprint. There was a recent update that I believe caused this issue, but how do I proceed? Because the whole idea of this printer is supposed to be ease of use and remote printing. But if I have to turn it off/on & remove/re-add the wireless connection, it's defeating the purpose.

HP Recommended

It‘s been a minute since I updated my status.  I’ve had a few different case numbers since the last time I posted.  This time around, HP sends me to the Windows Dept.  I’m told that my case number has been ‘solved’ from last week.   I have no idea who decides what is solved or not solved but I don’t recall asking that this baby be closed.  Doesn’t matter, I have a new case number!  So after 20 minutes, the HP guy is so happy he has solved my issue.  I hate to bust his bubble so I remind him that I’ve been calling since March and I requested that the case number not be closed.   What is it about HP people who get this   attitude that I’m wrong, they are right followed by the ‘gosh, no … you won’t be calling us back’ speech. Yes, I will.  Don’t treat me like I’m an idiot.  If I say I’m calling you back the next time I am desperate to print something, trust and believe, I’m calling you back.  Stay tuned.   

HP Recommended

and then I get an email from the instant ink program that I only have one sheet of paper left to print before I'll be charged more.   The irony has not escaped me.  Now I could call HP back and say... HEY!  how many of them there sheets did I print off for HP purposes in the past 14 days?  Fortunately for HP, I have reached my limit today in terms of talking to an HP rep, so I'll print off that sheet next week when I call and hopefully, whoever gets the money from me will put it to good use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.