Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MFP M880

Good morning from HK.

I have sent a fax last March 21, am trying to print the report but i cant see it on March 22 at the Log.

Is there a way to see it (i might have to do something for the history to show).

Appreciate any help. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi hkMicheal,

Thank you for choosing HP!

I have some suggestion and steps here for your reference.

The following fax reports are available on this product:

• Fax Activity Log

• Billing Codes Report

• Blocked Fax List

• Speed Dial List

• Fax Call Report

Use the following steps to print or view a fax report:

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, scroll to and touch the Administration button.

2. Open the following menus:

• Reports

• Fax Reports

3. Select the log or report to print or view.

4. Touch the Print or View button.

Fax activity log

The fax activity log includes the following information.

• The fax header information configured on the product.

• The job number of each fax job.

• Date and time of faxes received, sent, or failed to send.

• The type of fax job; send or receive.

• Identification of the sender (phone number, if available)

• Duration (off-hook time)

• Number of pages

• Result (successfully sent, pending, or failed to send which includes error type and code)

Reference Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03323202

"I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others."

I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others. .

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

The log report can be printed from the fax menu using the 'Print  Fax report' option. There is an option to choose to either print only 'last transaction' log or 'last 30 transactions'.

If the printer is connected to the network, you could connect to the embedded webserver by connecting to the printer's IP address. Under the fax tab, click on "Information" to the left where you can find the fax logs.

Hope this Helps.

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Have a nice day!
HP Recommended

Hi hkMichael, 

You may want to print out the Fax trace report report from your MFP::

A fax T.30 trace report has information that can help resolve fax transmission problems. If you call HP for help in resolving these problems, print a T.30 trace report before you call.

1. From the Home screen, touch the Setup button.

2. Touch the Service menu.

3. Touch the Fax Service menu.

4. Touch the Print T.30 Trace button, and then touch the Now button.

This procedure prints a report for the last fax job, successful or not. To generate a report for each unsuccessful fax job, select the If Error setting. To generate a report for each fax job, select the At End of Call setting.

Hope this helped you. Thanks for reporting this issue.

I am an HP employee

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Have a nice day!
HP Recommended

Hi

Just a quick check

If you have flashed any latest FW after the fax that you were looking for was sent, then it might have been  re-written from the memory.

However, as suggested by earlier HP member, trace report is the best option to trace the fax sent.

Best of luck ! Hope this helps.

Although I am a HP employee, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi hkMicheal,

Thank you for choosing HP!

I have some suggestion and steps here for your reference.

The following fax reports are available on this product:

• Fax Activity Log

• Billing Codes Report

• Blocked Fax List

• Speed Dial List

• Fax Call Report

Use the following steps to print or view a fax report:

1. From the Home screen on the product control panel, scroll to and touch the Administration button.

2. Open the following menus:

• Reports

• Fax Reports

3. Select the log or report to print or view.

4. Touch the Print or View button.

Fax activity log

The fax activity log includes the following information.

• The fax header information configured on the product.

• The job number of each fax job.

• Date and time of faxes received, sent, or failed to send.

• The type of fax job; send or receive.

• Identification of the sender (phone number, if available)

• Duration (off-hook time)

• Number of pages

• Result (successfully sent, pending, or failed to send which includes error type and code)

Reference Link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03323202

"I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others."

I am an HP employee, supporting the HP Experts who volunteer their time and technical knowledge to help others. .
HP Recommended

Thank you very much KPS323. It worked. 

I got a little nervous that it printed the whole history of fax recevied and sent. 

I am happy 😃

HP Recommended

Thank you Flash but i cant seem to find the "last 30 transaction".

HP Recommended

Thanks HJoy. I run into an issue when it asked for an access code.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion SP_Sing. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.