Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 6500A Plus
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

I have set up the printer for wireless and now need to send and receive a fax. I see where to enter the "fax to" number, but how do i enter my phone number or the HP's number to RECEIVE a fax back. PS I am new to this print/fax thing. Thank you, Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @spyderwebb,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to setup fax.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the steps in the below article to setup fax on your printer.

http://hp.care/2hCggdA

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @spyderwebb,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to setup fax.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Follow the steps in the below article to setup fax on your printer.

http://hp.care/2hCggdA

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@spyderwebb wrote:

I have set up the printer for wireless and now need to send and receive a fax. I see where to enter the "fax to" number, but how do i enter my phone number or the HP's number to RECEIVE a fax back. PS I am new to this print/fax thing. Thank you, Tom

I understand you want to have your phone number on the FAX so someone can fax you back at that number.  You need to configure the Fax Header as found on page 60 of the User Guide that I downloaded and read here.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-6500a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-e710/4083974/man...

Configure the fax header

The fax header prints your name and fax number on the top of every fax you send. HP
recommends that you set up the fax header by using the HP software provided with the
printer. You can also set up the fax header from the printer control panel, as described
here.

NOTE: In some countries/regions, the fax header information is a legal
requirement.
To set or change the fax header
1. Touch right arrow , and then select Setup.
2. Touch Fax Setup, and then select Basic Fax Setup.
3. Touch Fax Header.
4. Enter your personal or company name, and then touch Done.
5. Enter your fax number, and then touch Done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.