09-16-2019 01:32 PM - last edited on 09-16-2019 02:52 PM by Jacky-D
My Color Laserjet M180n does print Jobs but scanner Service fails
Systems restarted,, un-and replugged
usb cables and usb ports changed
all HP Software uninstalled and new installed
all Drivers new and Firmware update new
09-16-2019 02:56 PM
@wienonline99, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Have you tried making a standalone copy and check if the issue persists?
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee