Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro mfp m130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just bought a new hp laserjet pro mfp m130nw and connected it to my wifi router. I installed driver to my pc and successfully printed document. I also made a good copy of a paper. However, when I try to scan a document, it is half black. (When I connect the printer by wire all works fine.) Also the scanning menu freezes and works slowly. I have already tried scanning troubleshooting on hp website but to no effect. Same with the useless app Scan Doctor.

I have to say this is not my first bad experience with HP products. I'm considering not to ever buy any of HP products again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @as50 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system.

First download only this complete package: "HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw/M132nw/M132snw Full Feature Software and Drivers ", File name: LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_3_1_Full_WebPack_44.3.2667.exe (232.8 MB < you need time!)

And download only this application: "Readiris Pro 15 for HP ", File name: Readiris15ProHPWin.zip (381.8 MB)

Then proceed as follows:

Check the system for

• TuneUp`s
  • Optimization Tools
  • Cleanup Tools

disable them, better uninstall them. Next...

1. Disconnect printer/scanner from computer- Disable WLAN and WiFi and/or remove the USB or LAN cable.- Do not switch off the printer >> unplug the power cord from the socket!
  2. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Programs and Features"
    uninstall all HP printer software > via "Programs and Features"
  3. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Devices and Printers"
    In the "Devices and Printers" window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Restart the PC
  5. Close all programs
  6. Change File-Explorer-Settings:View > Options > "Change folder and search options" > Tab "View"
    • enable > Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK
  7. search for "HP [printer name]" and delete all this folders
  8. Empty the TEMP folders
    A) C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\Temp\
    B) C:\Windows\Temp\
  9. system files cannot be deleted!
  10. Reconnect the printer to the power supply and switch it on (if this does not happen automatically)
  11. Please note: WLAN and WiFi has to be deactivated!
  12. Restart the PC
  13. Close all programs
  14. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads click on the LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_3_1_Full_WebPack_44.3.2667.exe.

Via USB, means wait until the installation asks to connect the printer/scanner.

Document error messages, even better is a screenshot and upload here.

Now download the latest firmware: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn/fw/nw Pro MFP M132fn/fp/fw/nw/snw and Ultra MFP M134fn Firmware Update Ut... = Version: 20200605 (new), but first check the FW version on your printer.

Please read the information for the FW carefully.

The next step, install the Readiris15Pro software.

The network configuration or the type of connection can be changed later. See here Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection 

You can find more information here: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw 

Note:

Change the File Explorer settings again -

• enable > Don`t show hidden files, folders or drives
  • click button > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @as50 ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The HP software must be completely uninstalled and removed of the system.

First download only this complete package: "HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw/M132nw/M132snw Full Feature Software and Drivers ", File name: LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_3_1_Full_WebPack_44.3.2667.exe (232.8 MB < you need time!)

And download only this application: "Readiris Pro 15 for HP ", File name: Readiris15ProHPWin.zip (381.8 MB)

Then proceed as follows:

Check the system for

• TuneUp`s
  • Optimization Tools
  • Cleanup Tools

disable them, better uninstall them. Next...

1. Disconnect printer/scanner from computer- Disable WLAN and WiFi and/or remove the USB or LAN cable.- Do not switch off the printer >> unplug the power cord from the socket!
  2. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Programs and Features"
    uninstall all HP printer software > via "Programs and Features"
  3. right-click Start, search for "control panel" and open "Devices and Printers"
    In the "Devices and Printers" window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Restart the PC
  5. Close all programs
  6. Change File-Explorer-Settings:View > Options > "Change folder and search options" > Tab "View"
    • enable > Show hidden files, folders and drives
    • uncheck > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK
  7. search for "HP [printer name]" and delete all this folders
  8. Empty the TEMP folders
    A) C:\Users\[Your user account]\AppData\Local\Temp\
    B) C:\Windows\Temp\
  9. system files cannot be deleted!
  10. Reconnect the printer to the power supply and switch it on (if this does not happen automatically)
  11. Please note: WLAN and WiFi has to be deactivated!
  12. Restart the PC
  13. Close all programs
  14. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo > in folder Downloads click on the LJM129-M134_UWWL_4-1_UWWL_3_1_Full_WebPack_44.3.2667.exe.

Via USB, means wait until the installation asks to connect the printer/scanner.

Document error messages, even better is a screenshot and upload here.

Now download the latest firmware: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130fn/fw/nw Pro MFP M132fn/fp/fw/nw/snw and Ultra MFP M134fn Firmware Update Ut... = Version: 20200605 (new), but first check the FW version on your printer.

Please read the information for the FW carefully.

The next step, install the Readiris15Pro software.

The network configuration or the type of connection can be changed later. See here Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection 

You can find more information here: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M130nw 

Note:

Change the File Explorer settings again -

• enable > Don`t show hidden files, folders or drives
  • click button > Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
    OK

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

German community:
created 11,631 posts + generated 1,114 solutions + received 1,654 kudos

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

hey, this is as50

i forgot my password and registered under 10 minutes mail so i cant log with my former login.

it helped. i didnt even upgraded FW. I just uninstalled all HP SW i had in my PC and installed the driver from your first link. so far i made three scans by wifi, all good.

thanks a lot. i'll keep this printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.