Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi everyone.

i have a little quesstion that any suitable answer will be very much appreciable.

is it possible to issue a wireless print command from  window laptop to officejet 6500 wireless. 
both devices are connected to the same wifi network but i cant find the printer on the available printer list on windows.
from all what i know you will need Mac os to be able to perform wireless printing..

but i wanted to ask if it is also possible with windows. any help is very appreciable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SKCEEJAY

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer and would like to know if wireless printing could be achieved with Windows. I read that the printer and your computer are on the same network and can't find the printer on the available printer list on windows. I'll be glad to help you. 

The printer can surely be connected to work wirelessly with your Windows computer. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• How did you ensure that the printer is connected to the wireless network? Are you able to print from other non-Windows computers?
  • Is the printer presently connected via USB to your Windows computer?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to connect the printer wirelessly:

If the test passes on the printer, please re-run the printer software on the Windows computer and in between it should give you an option to switch from the USB to wireless connection. Please follow the onscreen instructions to continue and let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

I hope this does the trick. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SKCEEJAY

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer and would like to know if wireless printing could be achieved with Windows. I read that the printer and your computer are on the same network and can't find the printer on the available printer list on windows. I'll be glad to help you. 

The printer can surely be connected to work wirelessly with your Windows computer. To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• How did you ensure that the printer is connected to the wireless network? Are you able to print from other non-Windows computers?
  • Is the printer presently connected via USB to your Windows computer?

I recommend you to perform the following steps to connect the printer wirelessly:

If the test passes on the printer, please re-run the printer software on the Windows computer and in between it should give you an option to switch from the USB to wireless connection. Please follow the onscreen instructions to continue and let me know how it goes. Cheers! 🙂

I hope this does the trick. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended
Wow thanks. That was all what I should have done.
I just failed to install the software from the disk. I'm running windows 10 64bit and I thought since the device was able to print through USB without me installing any driver any software from the disk it could also print over wireless network..
But I have run the software and choose wireless as the mode of printing and everything went on well...so now I'm able to print over my network....
Thanks
HP Recommended

@SKCEEJAY

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm glad to know that the suggested steps helped. Happy printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.