Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

HP ENVY 7640 Printer error message go to hpinstantink.com. Printer has new ink. Have tried shutting off and restarting printer. Have removed and placed new cartridge in printer. HAVE TRIED hp HELP DOC APP. App showing all systems are good. Try to print test page and nothing happens. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @geowesT, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

Don't worry I'll try to help you out. Let me ask you a few questions in order to assist you better.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Are you using regular ink cartridges on the printer?

Have you enrolled for instant ink subscription?

Have you cancelled the instant ink contract?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

“Your Instant Ink account page has data on past deliveries and estimated shipments.  It also helps you understand what state your cartridges are in based on HP’s data.  Any issues will be shown with steps to fix.  Please check your account page to see the latest cartridge information by signing into your account at “instantink.com".

This message would normally appear if there is a billing issue with the Instant Ink service. (sometimes it represents a connection issue) If you have enrolled in the Instant Ink program and failed to cancel the service properly.  

If you look at the printers Ink cartridges do they say Instant Ink on them? If they do, you can swap them out for regular store bought cartridges. The printer should then work. 

If you are not registered in the instant ink program and if you like to continue with the regular ink cartridges. Try the steps recommended below to disable the web services from the printer.

1. From the printer control panel display, touch ( ePrint ), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

Refer this article to know more information about instant ink cancellation. Click Here

If you have issues registering in instant ink. Please share instant ink details in a private message, so I can check the records and help you in registering with instant ink.

Printer Model Name

Serial Number of the printer

Instant ink Email Address

Instant Ink Account Number

Refer this article to know more information about enrolling in HP instant ink.

Also, refer this article to know more about instant ink.

Hope to hear from you soon!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.