philgolf
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp8600 issues with scan to network

HP 8600 plus printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just had to try and set up my printer to a new laptop as my old failed due to the last windows 10 update.

Anyway my printer will print it will also scan to computer.

But I have spent the whole day trying to get it to scan to network folder.

it just wont work, whereas previous laptop was fine. laptop I am using hp envy 13

ive used the hp print and scan doct 5.3 . that doesn't resolve it either.

If I enable scan to printer that says enabled. I have the wireless direct  setting to off as noted by people.

at the final stage of set up it scan to network folder setup . it says your printer can not connect the server.

when its asked for password and user name. User name automatically fills it self in , iam assuming this is correct, password , I assume this is my normal windows one. so by way of example if I log into to windows on tunring on my laptop to say john1234 then I use that password. equally should I be changing the user name or is the default one that shows part of my network name the right one.

offer pointers , when I look at my printer in control panel it shows printer as not connected but it works and I set up my printer via my router and put in the secure code etc that it asked for on set up.

I am trying to set this up via the hp printer assistant and then using the scan to network wizard. iam sure when I set up before there was an issue with what software you used as you can set up direct via the ip address. also when I check my printer on the wireless connection it shows the ip address fine .

very frustrated as this should be so simple and its become a nightmare

help much appreciated please

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,795 17,704 1,015 1,120
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hp8600 issues with scan to network

@philgolf

Welcome to HP support community.

Turn on the web services on the printer

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation