Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet 7310xi All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i am getting a "no answer" message when i try to fax on my  officejet 7310xi.  Verified the receiving fax does answer calls from other fax machine.  This is a new issue....was working fine before it wasn't 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rfinch

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 7310 Printer. I understand that you are unable to send fax and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Follow the steps below to correct the problem.

1. Verify that you are dialing the number correctly. You must dial all of the numbers required to make a phone call from the same line. This includes numbers that must be dialed to access an outside line or to access long distance services.

2. If you have been using a speed dial or are faxing from the computer, print the page to be faxed and manually dial the number from the front panel of the fax. If the fax can be sent when dialed from the front panel, recreate the speed dial setting and insert some pauses.

3. If you are trying to fax from the computer with a model that supports PC faxing and the fax does not try to dial when you send a fax job, test the communications to the all-in-one by clicking Status in the Director, or by trying to print to the all-in-one.

• If this is reported as disconnected or printing fails, verify that the communications cable from the computer to the all-in-one is connected correctly and restart the computer.

• If communications still cannot be established, troubleshoot the communications.

4. If the problem still exists, see section Faxes cannot be sent or received or the problem cannot be determined to continue troubleshooting.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rfinch

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 7310 Printer. I understand that you are unable to send fax and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Follow the steps below to correct the problem.

1. Verify that you are dialing the number correctly. You must dial all of the numbers required to make a phone call from the same line. This includes numbers that must be dialed to access an outside line or to access long distance services.

2. If you have been using a speed dial or are faxing from the computer, print the page to be faxed and manually dial the number from the front panel of the fax. If the fax can be sent when dialed from the front panel, recreate the speed dial setting and insert some pauses.

3. If you are trying to fax from the computer with a model that supports PC faxing and the fax does not try to dial when you send a fax job, test the communications to the all-in-one by clicking Status in the Director, or by trying to print to the all-in-one.

• If this is reported as disconnected or printing fails, verify that the communications cable from the computer to the all-in-one is connected correctly and restart the computer.

• If communications still cannot be established, troubleshoot the communications.

4. If the problem still exists, see section Faxes cannot be sent or received or the problem cannot be determined to continue troubleshooting.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!  I followed the link you provided and reset the printer by unplugging it and plugging it back...sent a test fax to HP Fax Test Service (1-888-473-2963) and the fax went through!  Also received a return fax from the service so 2-way communication was confirmed.  Thanks again for the easy solution!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.