Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
IOs11

After choosing the Mobile Fax tile, I selected my files to send—and then what—?

How to you accept the chosen files and add them to the fax?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @RockRightOn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Mobile Fax" issue. 

To Send Fax-

Create fax, and then send it securely to a fax machine or fax-capable printer.

1. In the HP Smart app, click the Mobile Fax tile.

2. In the To section, add a recipient fax number and name, or click the Contacts icon  to select a previously saved contact.

Adding a recipient fax number and name

3. In the From section, add your name and a phone number. The recipient can use this information to contact you. To add your fax number or email, click Add optional info.

Adding your name and phone number

4. To add a cover page, click the Add a cover page toggle, and then type a subject and message.

5. Scan the item you want to fax using your printer or mobile device camera, or attach a supported file.

• Attach a document or photo: Click the Files & Photos icon , navigate to a folder on your mobile device or computer, cloud storage, or social media account, sign in if necessary, and then select a file.

• Scan a document or photo with your mobile device camera: Tap the Camera icon , and then scan a document or photo with your mobile device camera.

• Scan a document or photo with your printer: Click the Scanner icon , click the Settings icon  to change scan settings, and then scan a document or photo with your printer.

NOTE: 

To scan with a printer, you must have a printer with scanning capability added to the HP Smart app. For more information on adding your printer, go to Can I use the scanner on my printer to scan the item I want to fax in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

6. Click Send fax..

You may also refer to Send Faxes with the HP Smart App 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hi @RockRightOn

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the  "Mobile Fax" issue. 

To Send Fax-

Create fax, and then send it securely to a fax machine or fax-capable printer.

1. In the HP Smart app, click the Mobile Fax tile.

2. In the To section, add a recipient fax number and name, or click the Contacts icon  to select a previously saved contact.

Adding a recipient fax number and name

3. In the From section, add your name and a phone number. The recipient can use this information to contact you. To add your fax number or email, click Add optional info.

Adding your name and phone number

4. To add a cover page, click the Add a cover page toggle, and then type a subject and message.

5. Scan the item you want to fax using your printer or mobile device camera, or attach a supported file.

• Attach a document or photo: Click the Files & Photos icon , navigate to a folder on your mobile device or computer, cloud storage, or social media account, sign in if necessary, and then select a file.

• Scan a document or photo with your mobile device camera: Tap the Camera icon , and then scan a document or photo with your mobile device camera.

• Scan a document or photo with your printer: Click the Scanner icon , click the Settings icon  to change scan settings, and then scan a document or photo with your printer.

NOTE: 

To scan with a printer, you must have a printer with scanning capability added to the HP Smart app. For more information on adding your printer, go to Can I use the scanner on my printer to scan the item I want to fax in Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).

6. Click Send fax..

You may also refer to Send Faxes with the HP Smart App 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.