Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to install Readiris (through HPReadIrisDownloader.exe) on my Win 7 seems to be impossible.

The original version indicated on the support site is Readiris Pro v12 but although the HPReadIrisDownloader shows that software was 100% downloaded, but it then fails silently so no error messages.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@TC28,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Readiris Pro provides your HP LaserJet Pro with advanced OCR and scanning features to convert your paper documents into editable and searchable PDF files. A Readiris Pro software CD is not included in the box with HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printers (MFPs).

Depending on your printer model, the Readiris Pro software is available either as a separate download or as part of the Full Software download for the printer. Follow these steps to download the software for your printer:

Let's try to uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall the printer by following the steps below: 

• Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
  • Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
  • Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
  • Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
  • Now check for issue resolution.
  • If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
  • First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Please click here  (Please select the correct Operating system and version of Windows before downloading and installing the full feature software for this printer). 
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry Jeet, this didn't work,

Uninstalling and re installing the printer has made no difference to getting the HPReadIrisDownloader.exe program to work, the printer works ok,  it is just the Readiris OCR that is missing.

Can you just get the support team to put the correct version of read Iris on the support page for my printer "HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175" or at least delete the one that does not work.

thx

HP Recommended

Sure 🙂

You may try this: https://support.irislink.com/en-us/article/734-readiris-pro-14-for-hp-download-and-activation

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Betty,

Unfortunately this does not work.

The software asks for me to install "the HP Printer Software" I assume that this is the software on the HP Support page  "HP LaserJet Pro M175a Full Solution Software and Driver" which is already installed.

I notice that my printer is not one of the ones listed on the readiris page and the version listed on the HP support page is version 12 not 14. Does the readiris software work with any HP Printer or just the ones listed ?.

Best regards ... TC

HP Recommended

@TC28,

Readiris Pro provides your HP LaserJet Pro with advanced OCR and scanning features to convert your paper documents into editable and searchable PDF files. A Readiris Pro software CD is not included in the box with HP LaserJet Pro Multifunction Printers (MFPs).

Depending on your printer model, the Readiris Pro software is available either as a separate download or as part of the Full Software download for the printer.

In this scenario, I would recommend you contact our HP support team so that they can remotely take control of your PC and help you check the settings. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for this link Jeet, I really do need more assistance.

Not certain about letting other people take control of my PC , does not seem like something I want to get into.

I fully understand what readiris is and that sometimes it is included in the printer software and sometimes it is a separate download.

My MFP is "HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175"

If you look at the download page for this printer you will see that there is a separate download under "utilities" for "Readiris Pro v12 download tool". which is the software  that then fails silently when run.

Since there are no error codes I cannot report why it is failing but since I cannot find Readiris 12 on either the readiris website or the HP website the most likely cause of the failure is that the download tool cannot find anything to download.

Can you confirm that the readiris software is available from wherever the download tool is trying to download it from ?

Many Thanks ... TC

HP Recommended

After doing a bit of research found that this printer is not listed in the supported software for HP Readiris. 

Please find the list of supported printers: 

This could be the reason why you're having issues installing the software. 

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Jeet,

I see you have found the supported list for Readiris v14, I am looking for readiris v12 which is the version to use with my printer.

that is indicated on the support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-100-color-mfp-m175/4208157

HP Recommended

@TC28,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.