Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp m130nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i have this hp m130nw printer and i wanted to scan my ID card but the resolution of scans is terrible...little letters are almost unreadable.... in official app HP LaserJet MFP M129-M134 i can only set maximum of 300 resolution...

when i set something above (600 or 1200) it gives me some kind of error that scanner is not found. Is that scanner really that bad or i missed some option ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Rajzen

Install the Full Feature Software for the printer

Use software on the computer to scan at higher resolutions.

Use the Flatbed (glass)

Specifications

Scan resolution, hardware
Up to 600 x 600 dpi (color, flatbed); Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (mono, flatbed)

How to Scan (Windows)

Example - HP Scan and Capture (from the Windows Store)

Open HP Scan and Capture

Right Click in the lower right corner of the program window >

Click Settings wheel

Click Photo Scan Options

Select the settings from those available, including resolution

Scan_and_Capture_0AScan_and_Capture_0A

"Document" works the same way - Adjust the Settings and scan.

Scan_and_Capture_0BScan_and_Capture_0B 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Rajzen

Install the Full Feature Software for the printer

Use software on the computer to scan at higher resolutions.

Use the Flatbed (glass)

Specifications

Scan resolution, hardware
Up to 600 x 600 dpi (color, flatbed); Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi (mono, flatbed)

How to Scan (Windows)

Example - HP Scan and Capture (from the Windows Store)

Open HP Scan and Capture

Right Click in the lower right corner of the program window >

Click Settings wheel

Click Photo Scan Options

Select the settings from those available, including resolution

Scan_and_Capture_0AScan_and_Capture_0A

"Document" works the same way - Adjust the Settings and scan.

Scan_and_Capture_0BScan_and_Capture_0B 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi again, you posted me the same software i already had.... no matter what i do in official software... it scans me preview very nicely in 600dpi,  but when i want to save it to computer (it scans again) and it says- scaning in set resolution...after that it stops with error that scanner isn´t connected or viable ( something like that in my language)... lower unreadable dpi scans fine.   

It finally worked under the second program you posted- Hp scan and capture....i must scan only under PHOTO...but it dont have as much options , for example- it dont automatically scan only the ID card, but usually whole page.....

This scanning issue was harder than birth. But thank you anyway.

HP Recommended

@Rajzen

You are welcome.

If Webscan and HP Scan and Capture are not ideal, the following may work for you (if the laser printer can make use of the software):

• HP Scan Extended – Exceptional standalone free scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, image and PDF scans, Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary). Download, save, and install to use.
  • NAPS2-- Not another PDF Scanner – free standalone program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s).  Includes OCR.  Download, save, and install to use.

If the software can be used with your laser printer, the HP Scan Extended program provides the option for Auto-Detect-Size to extract the scan boundary on one or more images scanned from the glass. 

HP Scan Extended, when used with the Auto Detect setting, can scan mulitple images on the glass (and store each as separate or combined page(s)) and / or extract an image from a document file placed on the glass.

NAPS2 provides some nice features, as well, including built-in OCR.

It may still be necessary to print as an image to obtain the higher resolution.

Reference

Dragon Document – Collection of Help, suggestions, links to how-to videos, examples: 

Scanning Program Options

Topics / Sections – various, including:

• Know and Understand Scan DPI / Scan Resolution options
  • HP Scan Extended – Exceptional standalone free scan program:  Single, Multiple scans, image and PDF scans, Auto-Detect (extracts image / document boundary). Download, save, and install to use.
  • NAPS2-- Not another PDF Scanner – free standalone program scans PDF files and image(s) as .jpeg or PDF file(s).  Includes OCR.  Download, save, and install to use.
  • Printer Software (Full Feature Software > Printer Assistant > Print, Scan & Fax > Scan a Document or Photo)
  • HP Scan and Capture from Windows Store (Requires Windows 8 or higher)
  • Webscan (Does not require installed printer software)
  • And others…

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.