Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion s5705 UK
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Regrettably there isn't a suitable board to select for MediaSmart Photo, so I have selected this one.

I have been using MediaSmart Photo  mainly for the Editing function  (particularly to straighten scanned photos), but today I scanned 4 old monochrome photos (2 jpg and 2 BMP) that launch OK, but Edit effects, Resize and Edit Log are unavaiolable for both file types, despite still OK when I checked some existing photos (including old monochrome ones).

Anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks.

PS: I subsequently realised the problem might be the mix of jpg and bmp files.

Changing the two bmp files to jpg made all four the same.

This solced the problem and I was able to edit them all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Bill007,

Thank you for replying,

Glad to hear you got it working, If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Take Care!

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Bill007,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

I understand you are having issues editing photos using Media Smart software. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you to resolve this issue,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps performed 

In the meantime, I would suggest you try to uninstall and then reinstall the media smart software and let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. 

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I had already solved the problem, as included as a separate note in my original blog.

HP Recommended

Hi @Bill007,

Thank you for replying,

Glad to hear you got it working, If you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. Take Care!

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your courteous response. In the event that I have any further problems, I shall be pleased to use this helpful HP forum again. Best regards.

HP Recommended

My HP MediaSmart Photo Editor seems to take a long time to load when I click on "edit". It asks me if I want to import the image into the media file, and then takes almost 30 seconds to import it. At this point, I usually can edit my photos, but now the photo editor is disabled. 

This software was included with my  HP Pavillion computer, which I do not have any installation discs for, so I don't know if I should uninstall the software, as I am not sure I will be able to re-install it. 

For what its worth, this is the same problem with existing pictures. I made sure they are all JPEG files.

Can you walk me through the uninstall-reinstall process?

HP Recommended

Hi, 

My Media Smart Photo editing software has been problematic lately.  Each time I click on the editing tab the software closes.  I experimented and found that a larger Jpeg file kicked me out while a smaller file worked ok.  Any solution or suggestions?  I was thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling... Not sure what to do?   Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.