Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Printer ENVY 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

just bought new envy7830 printer / scanner.   scanning to computer from top document feeder, result is always crooked. top of document to the left and bottom to right.   same for every copy.

I see that the feeder roller is only on one side of the scanner  -  the left side as feeds.    this is obviously causing the crooked feed.   how do I correct this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rodstu

According to the printer specifications, the supported media weight is as below:

Media weight supported (metric)

70 to 90 g/m²

Media weight supported (U.S. standard)

18 to 23 lb

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rodstu, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

This looks like an issue with the paper pick rollers in the document feeder. Let us try these steps:

Clean the ADF rollers and the separator pad

Dust inside the automatic document feeder (ADF) can result in paper feed issues.

1. Get a lint-free cloth and distilled water.

2. Remove the original document from the ADF.

3. Turn off the printer.

4. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

5. Open the ADF cover.

Lifting the ADF cover
  6. Find the paper pick rollers and the separator pad inside the ADF.

ADF paper pick rollers and separator pad

Callout Description

1. Paper pick roller

2. Separator pad

7. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with filtered or distilled water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

8. Use the damp cloth to clean the paper pick rollers and the separator pad.

9. Leave the ADF cover open for two minutes to allow the rollers and pad to dry.

10. Close the ADF cover.

11. Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer.

12. Slide in the paper width guides until they rest against the sides of the paper.

13. Try to scan or copy with the ADF.

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

note:

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

5. Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your replay.  there should not be any paper fluff etc  - this is a new printer, and this was the first attempt at scanning a document.

however, have tried scanning another document with slightly thicker paper and that worked fine.   looks like it didn't like the slightly thinner paper.  will have to investigate further at another time  .    don't know why it didn't like the thinner paper.

HP Recommended

@rodstu

Are you not using the US letter size sheets?

To check the supported paper types and paper sizes, refer to the paper handling section in the printer specifications page.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

its not the size of the sheets,  I am using A4.    it is the weight of them which is what I mean by thickness.  90gms   ( grams ) etc.

the master which seemed to be going wrong on scan was very light (thin) - maybe 50 or 60 gms per sheet.   the one that worked was probable 80 or 90 gms.

will be trying more things later.

thanks for response.

HP Recommended

@rodstu

According to the printer specifications, the supported media weight is as below:

Media weight supported (metric)

70 to 90 g/m²

Media weight supported (U.S. standard)

18 to 23 lb

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.