Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (60 Views)
Accepted Solution

no full feature available on computer

Product Name: HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro Plus
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Full Feature menu can no longer be viewed on my Win10 computer as it has in the recent past.  I have uninstalled all HP Software and reinstalled printer (which is USB connected) and made sure the driver was for the full feature menu of this printer.  I can scan from the computer, but only if I right click on the printer icon, which doesn't give me the options of saving as PDF file, just some very simple extensions.  When I scan from the printer, the menu for saving files appears on the computer monitor, and I can save as the file type I want.  The communication is working, but not the full feature menu (which includes a shortcut for scanning)  I am trying to solve this puzzle for my nephew's business, but have pulled all the hair out of my head so I  am needing some help....not with the hair, that will grow back, but with this scanning situaion.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: no full feature available on computer

Hi,

From your description I assume the HP Full Feature Software is installed but you cannot locate it.

Fro teh Start menu select All Apps > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8600 and click the HP Officejet Pro 8600 icon, then press Scan a Docuemtn or Photo.

If you cannot locate a such right click your desktop and select New > Shortcut.

Follow teh steps by pasting the following path to the target file instead of using the browse button:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8600\bin\HPScan.exe

Coplete the wizard and open the created HP Scan shortcut, then select the require scan shortcut...

Please let me know if that may work,

Shlomi

View solution in context
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (38 Views)

Hi,

From your description I assume the HP Full Feature Software is installed but you cannot locate it.

Fro teh Start menu select All Apps > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8600 and click the HP Officejet Pro 8600 icon, then press Scan a Docuemtn or Photo.

If you cannot locate a such right click your desktop and select New > Shortcut.

Follow teh steps by pasting the following path to the target file instead of using the browse button:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8600\bin\HPScan.exe

Coplete the wizard and open the created HP Scan shortcut, then select the require scan shortcut...

Please let me know if that may work,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (25 Views)

Wow...that was a very quick fix, and thank you so much....it's all working perfectly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation