Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 8600 Pro Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The Full Feature menu can no longer be viewed on my Win10 computer as it has in the recent past.  I have uninstalled all HP Software and reinstalled printer (which is USB connected) and made sure the driver was for the full feature menu of this printer.  I can scan from the computer, but only if I right click on the printer icon, which doesn't give me the options of saving as PDF file, just some very simple extensions.  When I scan from the printer, the menu for saving files appears on the computer monitor, and I can save as the file type I want.  The communication is working, but not the full feature menu (which includes a shortcut for scanning)  I am trying to solve this puzzle for my nephew's business, but have pulled all the hair out of my head so I  am needing some help....not with the hair, that will grow back, but with this scanning situaion.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your description I assume the HP Full Feature Software is installed but you cannot locate it.

Fro teh Start menu select All Apps > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8600 and click the HP Officejet Pro 8600 icon, then press Scan a Docuemtn or Photo.

If you cannot locate a such right click your desktop and select New > Shortcut.

Follow teh steps by pasting the following path to the target file instead of using the browse button:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8600\bin\HPScan.exe

Coplete the wizard and open the created HP Scan shortcut, then select the require scan shortcut...

Please let me know if that may work,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your description I assume the HP Full Feature Software is installed but you cannot locate it.

Fro teh Start menu select All Apps > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8600 and click the HP Officejet Pro 8600 icon, then press Scan a Docuemtn or Photo.

If you cannot locate a such right click your desktop and select New > Shortcut.

Follow teh steps by pasting the following path to the target file instead of using the browse button:

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP Officejet Pro 8600\bin\HPScan.exe

Coplete the wizard and open the created HP Scan shortcut, then select the require scan shortcut...

Please let me know if that may work,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Wow...that was a very quick fix, and thank you so much....it's all working perfectly!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.