Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Hello all, and thank you for reading my entreaty :generic:

I can print to my OfficeJet.

I can "web scan" from my OfficeJet.

I can *not* connect to my OfficeJet using the OS X scanner.

Screenshot of the failing connection: "An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. (-9923)"

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 2.04.25 PM.png

Logs in OS X console application (errors and faults -> AirScanner):

TIC TCP Conn Failed [1:0x60000017c680]: 1:50 Err(50)

Task <319AF97F-36FE-459E-9BFF-5310F379D2BF>.<0> HTTP load failed (error code: -1009 [1:50])

NSURLConnection finished with error - code -1009

#ICError - 540:{ICDAppController.m} (!-!     ICACommandDict:{

ICACommandKey = ICAObjectSendMessageCmd;

ICAErrorKey = "-9905";

ICAMessageTypeKey = 1667329651;

objectID = 8198;

})

#ICError - 541:{ICDAppController.m} (!-!     ICAPrivateDict:{

ICAClientPID = 0;

ICCommandTransactionID = 0;

})

I *can* connect to my OfficeJet via web page, using the IP address.

I *can not* connect to my OfficeJet via the ".local" address:

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 2.11.42 PM.png

Versions:

OS X High Sierra, 10.13.6

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720, M9L75A, firmware version is up to date: WMP1CN1848AR

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Best guess: this software doesn't like links. So I'll put the short answer for now, without links: disable IPv6.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Testing... where's my reply?

HP Recommended

Best guess: this software doesn't like links. So I'll put the short answer for now, without links: disable IPv6.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I was having the exact same problem. Glad to find someone knowledgeable about this issue.

HP Recommended

On my Mac I had to enable IPv6, strangely enough, to make the error go away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.