11-17-2017 01:36 PM
Allow me to welcome to HP Support Forums! It is a great platform to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I understand that you are having trouble while feeding paper on your Officejet All-in-One printer. I appreciate all your efforts & I’d certainly try to help you find an appropriate solution to fix this issue
I’d suggest you clean the rollers on the printer. Go to http://hp.care/2qegoQ9 and follow the steps listed under step 2. Once done, try performing a power drain on the printer. Here are the steps:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Now, try making few copies directly using the printer and check for issue resolution.
Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee