Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
office jet pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

manage scan to printer  problem

printer has stopped scan from from printer to hp laptop - message on printer is no computer found 

run scan doctor numerous times bo change

reset printer to factory settings

prints wirelessly -pefect 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dingdong1

Welcome to the HP support community.

Enable scan to computer 

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results. HP Printer Assistant opens.
  2. Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
  3. Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@dingdong1

Enable scan to computer 

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results. HP Printer Assistant opens.
  2. Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
  3. Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi 

thank you it worked yesterday but then would not today so i had to enable scanner again on the  - what cause the scanner to disconnect  

dingdong1_0-1594110749686.png

HP Recommended

@dingdong1

Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check connectivity

Download HP Print and Scan Doctor.

1. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.

2. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, and then select your printer.

• If your printer is not in the list, turn it off and on, and then click Retry.

• If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in HP Print and Scan Doctor.

3. If a screen prompts you to turn on printer updates, click Yes.

4. If a screen prompts you to make your printer the default printer, click Yes.

5. Try to print.

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

very helpful thanks

HP Recommended

@dingdong1

You are welcome.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unable to activate and Doctor doesn't solve it.

HP Recommended

@whoch

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution:

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OfficeJet 3830 on a Windows 10 HP Envy

I can't remove the software as it keeps creating the file and I get an error message each time I try to uninstall it then reinstall it.Screenshot (3).png

HP Recommended

Almost all of your website addresses gives me a 400 error message telling me my cookie is too large?  Fix this...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.