01-21-2020 07:54 AM
I can't make copies. my scanner bar don't move and the scanner bulb don't light up. I can print from my computer.
01-23-2020 09:31 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. I'm afraid this seems like a hardware failure with the scanner mechanism on the printer. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
01-24-2020 08:00 AM
Yes, you are correct, the scanner bulb light should be white and not pink. If you have tried the steps provided in my previous post and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee