Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP AIO printers

Hi,

Want to share some info regarding "Add Scan pages" for resolution greater than 300dpi.

HP devices allow Adding a page for Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) scans at 300dpi or greater, but not flatbed scans (which allows adding a page only up to 300 dpi, anything greater than 300dpi will not have the "Add Scan page" option.)

For flatbed scans we don’t allow adding a page for resolutions 600 and greater because of rescans for those resolutions. 

For flatbed scans with >600 resolutions we have chosen to provide the user a faster time to preview and the ability select and area at which to scan at the high resolution rather than the full page. 

After the user has a preview and scan area established, then a full resolution scan is performed.  You cannot add a page AND provide these capabilities because you would have to place each of the pages as the rescans are performed and they would have to be placed exactly where the page was placed the first time for the preview. 

Hence, if you want have multiple pages to scan, you can only set the the resolution to be at Max 300dpi (which is sufficient for most douments/photos) and use either the Automatic Document feeder or Scan glass.

Here's an example to show you how to do a high res scan:

Create a scan shortcut and high resolution scans  (HP Officejet Pro 8700 AiO series and 6900 series)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @AccraBob

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Thanks, Greenturtle. I was not "adding pages", but just trying to do a flatbed scan of a picture, with higher than 300 ppi res with PhotoShop using the scanner's native interface via TWAIN - but your post gave me some ideas where to mess with that native interface, and I have it working well now.

HP Recommended

Thanks,

and sorrry - that didn't help me at all. I still cannot find any option to set the scan for a resolution greater than 300 dpi. I have a small printed passport pic, and I want to scan it in high resolution, greater than 300 dpi - how can I make that happen?

HP Recommended

Hi @AccraBob

Hi,

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi @YoramGalili

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

For scanning at a higger resolution, please ensure that your "Source" is "Flatbed".

This is important as it will then allow you to select higher resoluton at the "More" > Image > resolution.   (example as shown)

Scan at 1200dpi.jpg

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Yeah! 🙂

Thanks a Million. It works now using the "HP Scan Extended" program, not the original twain program that came with the machine, but that's good enough,

All the best,

Yoram.

HP Recommended

Hi @YoramGalili,

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended
Hi there,
V insightful. Hope you can help with this one:
I'm trying to scan through doc feeder on a mac but can't change resolution settings to lower than 300dpi.
HP Recommended

Hi @Sumacnified,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Have you installed the HP Easy Scan for your printer?

What printer are you using and which Mac OS?

Once you have installed the HP Essential software and HP Easy Scan, start the HP Easy Scan.

Under Presets, select "Documents with Text".

Under Source, select "Document Feeder".

Under Resolution, you can select 75, 100, 200 and 300 ppi as the resolution.

Example as shown:

Mac Easy scan resolution.jpg

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I'm using an HP LaserJet M1217nfw MFP on Apple iOS Sierra.

Installed HP essential and Easy scan too.

Tried changing the present too BUT wouldn't allow me to change the Document feeder resolution present to anything but 300dpi. Almost like it was locked to that resolution. However, the flatbed scan option did allow me to change the resolution settings. Not sure why!

Thanks for your screenshot and where can I find the "Kudos thumbs up"?

Su

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.