cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
8 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

"No Fax" error from PageWide Pro 477dw

HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dw MFP
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a fax configured on a PageWide Pro 477dw, it keeps failing fax receipts with the error "No Fax". The device is able to send without any issues, but reception is nearly always "No Fax" or plain old "Error". I've tried updating the firmware to the latest version (it previously had the firmware from deployment a year ago), but that hasn't resolved this issue.

Any advice on how I might resolve this issue?

Thank you for your time.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
3 3 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for choosing HP!

As your description is very limitation to invesgate the root cause, I suggest to run a fax test from the printer control panel to print a report that can help troubleshoot fax problems. Steps as below:

1. From the printer control panel, press Fax icon

2. Find and press the FAX setup icon(in left bottom corner)

3. Select Fax setup->Fax Tools

4. Run Fax Test, or Test Fax and wait while the printer prints the Fax Test Report

5. Review the report.

>If the report indicates the printer passed the test and your printer continues to have problems faxing, change the fax settings listed in the report to the correct settings.

>If the report indicates the printer failed the test, review the report for more information about fixing the problem.

Hope my answer can help you! Have a nice day!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.*

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3
Level 3
56 56 1 15
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You might want to try the below:

1) set the fax speed to 'slow'

2) set ECM (error correction mode) to off.

These are all under fax setup menu.

If it still dont work, you may want to check if there are other devices using the same phone line. If yes, you may want to disconnect all other devices from the phone line to be sure all these devices do not cause problem to the fax receiving.  Another commonly seen issues is phone line with DSL/ADSL subscription, sometimes you may not be aware of such subscription, in such case, installing a DSL filter on the phone line just before the printer will help.

Hope this helps.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I work for HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation