Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am trying to scan from my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium to my Mac computer.  My office jet printer says "no computer is found". We print to the printer from the computer all the time. When I go to "scan settings" in my apple menu, and click "system preferences", and then click "start scan" (under Webscan), I get a message saying, "You cannot use this function because it has been disabled".     When I clicked on Network Folder Setup under "Scan to Network Folder", I was told I have an "invalid security certificate".  When I looked at my Certificate, it says it expired on June 4, 1902 ....instead of 1920... I am supposing that is the reason it is invalid.      HOW DO I GET THIS FIXED??????????  SO I CAN SCAN TO MY COMPUTER???????

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@landpc, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand that you are unable to scan from the printer or the computer. To isolate the issue further, I would like to know the following:

Are you able to print to the printer from the computer?

Are you able to make photocopies on the printer?

Did you make any changes to the printer or the computer recently?

Meanwhile, follow the steps below-

Step 1: Scan with Apple Image Capture

Since HP Scan is incompatible with Sierra, scan from Apple Image Capture.

1. Click Finder, and then click Go.

2. Double-click Applications, double-click Image Capture, select your printer and then scan.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Uninstall the printer software

Use HP Uninstaller to remove the HP printer software from your Mac.

1. Click Finder in the Dock.

2. In the menu bar, click Go, click Applications, and then open the HP or Hewlett Packard folder. If you have issues uninstalling the HP software, go to Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac) for more help.

Step 3: Install the latest print driver for Sierra

Older HP drivers might need to be updated to resolve scanning issues. Go to 123.hp.com, type your printer model name and number, then follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.

If your printer model is not listed on 123.hp.com, go to HP Software and Driver Downloads.

Try to scan from the printer control panel. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Restart the Mac

Turn off the Mac, turn it on, and then wait for Sierra to fully load.

Try to scan from the printer control panel. If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 5: Make sure Scan to Computer is enabled

Make sure the option to scan to a computer is enabled in the scan settings.

1. On the desktop, double-click Macintosh HD.

The Macintosh HD window opens.

2. Click Applications, double-click the Hewlett Packard or HP folder, and then double-click HP Utility.

3. Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, and then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer checkbox is selected.

Try to scan from the printer control panel.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.